Thursday, April 18, 2013

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

Well, here is another blog, yet again! This one would be in response to yet another reading that we did in class. "The Road not Taken" by Robert Frost is what I am responding to. A man decides to take a journey and what comes upon him but two roads diverged. He sees that one has definitely been traveled a whole lot. As for the other road, it has been traveled by little to none. He decides to take "the road not taken". I don't blame him but I would've probably taken the easier way out that is known. Only if I was short on time. If i had forever and I knew that no one was chasing me then I might just explore the road that was not taken. I guess it's all about taking risks. Maybe about exploring new, and fun things. It probably like a parable. Meaning that it is not about a road, but a road meaning a choice. A road of choices, yeah.

You could choose to do things the way that everyone else does, or you could choose the other option and figure it out yourself. An example could be baking a cake. You could use the directions on the box like everyone else. Or you could use a whole different recipe that has never been taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment